Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Successful, Happy Mama

Happy Friday!  

I am happy to share with you all that as of today, I was offered and accepted the promotion that I had applied for a few months ago at work. It is a role that I have done twice, on an interim basis, while filling in for the person who originally held the position while they were out on leave. This new position requires organization, time management, managing multiple projects, and coordination of employees and department resources. 

Basically, this job means being a mom. :) But seriously, so many of the skills that this job will require I have developed further since becoming a mom. Being a mom requires juggling an infinite number of priorities, from making sure the baby is fed and dry, to laundry, to vacuuming up the insane amount of dog hair, to packing for a week long family vacation, to cleaning out and organizing closets and bags and boxes and toys. Not that I'm speaking from experience!  

So the question I have now posed to myself is, "Can you do it all, Christine?" This morning I had to be out the door by 6:30 to get to my steering committee meeting at 7, followed closely by inhaling breakfast before meeting number 2 for the day. Then I had to run to a quick doctor appointment, then I took my lunch to see my peanut for the first time for the day (she was asleep when I left this morning).  Then hurried back to work, ate my PBJ sandwich while reading about the latest baby to die after being left in a hot car (a parents worst nightmare and eternal hell I'm sure), followed by an hour of entering issues into a database, followed by an end of the day touch base with some of my trainers. Follow that up with a shopping trip to Sam's Club, rushing home to go for a walk with my family, taking a family trip to Target, then coming home, getting Sabrina ready for bed, and eating a lukewarm dinner once she's asleep. 

I might be tired, and some days might not be as easy to prioritize, but somehow I will find a way to do it all. I earned this opportunity, and I am proud of it. I hope my daughter is proud that her mother was able to be a professional and still be devoted to her 100%. I hope she knows she can do anything she puts her mind to, whatever that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment